Sophomore year students enter into the phase of testing, and practice is the theme. Practices for tests. Practices for a future career. Practice saving. If a student struggles to stay motivated, talk with them about what schools they can afford and how much scholarship they may need. Set a goal together, and help them remember it when they need a motivation to work hard. Here is a Sophomore year college preparation checklist with a few things students can do to prepare.
- Take the PLAN Test
- Take the PSAT Test
- Build good study habits at school
- Look up colleges and their programs
- Shadow people in jobs of interest
- Figure out how much they need to save and how much scholarship money they will need.
- Get a job
- Start a college savings account
- Work hard on getting good grades. Remember, scholarships are equivalent to being paid to go to school.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities—clubs and sports
- Volunteer in the community
40 total views, 1 views today