Freshman year college preparation is about becoming more aware of the future. Strong academics are key, but schools also consider extracurricular activities. Freshmen should try things out. At this level, students don’t need to specialize or decide what they will be doing for the next ten years, but this is a good time to see what they like and don’t like, what their strengths and weakness are, and what jobs or majors they might be interested in.
- Enroll in a high school that is academically challenging
- Get involved in extracurricular activities
- Volunteer in the community
- Start to attend events on college campuses (plays, seminars)
- Start a file with information about colleges
194 total views, 1 views today