Science experiments are a great way to learn while having fun. With topics ranging from biology and chemistry to geology and astronomy, there are plenty of ways to keep learning with your student. In addition to doing many of the projects as a family, there are many free programs and events offered by your local zoo, science museum, parks and recreation department, universities, and amateur groups.
- Grow a garden.
- Start a rock and shell collection.
- Go on nature hikes and document the plants and animals sighted.
- Visit your local zoo, science museum and parks.
- Conduct science experiments.
- Look for summer programs, events and activities offered by your local zoo, parks, universities, planetarium and museums.
Learning Science Websites
- Mr. Nussaum
- Ask A Biologist
- Bio Man Bio
- Play Science Games
- NASA Space Place
- Kids Astronomy
- Geology for Kids
Many cities also have events. See the following links.
Facebook Comments Box